Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Last one in City that I attended was for CTP protest. But this seems more like an organised event to provide information to the general public. If already in the City, then seems well worth attending mate, u may even get some good freebies by the sound of it.

Let us know how it was as too hard for me to attend.

I am going, so is some Bikers Australia members. I am geeting the train in, as Paul has to work & we still don't have the Trike ready yet!!! :D
    kcurds

Registration labels and requirements

http://www.betterregulation.nsw.gov....light_vehicles

Review of registration labels for light vehicles - submissions open until 7 October 2011

Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) and the Better Regulation Office are conducting a review of registration label requirements in NSW for light vehicles with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) of up to 4.5 tonnes (including passenger vehicles, motorcycles, small trailers and light trucks).

Currently, NSW legislation sets out requirements for vehicles to be registered, and requires that registration labels be provided by Roads and Maritime Services (replacing Roads and Traffic Authority) and displayed on a vehicle. There is potential to substantially reduce costs for business and the community by removing the need for registration labels for the 5.9 million light vehicles registered in NSW.

An Issues Paper is available on the Better Regulation Office website, with further information for public consultation. Submissions to the review are invited to be made by 7 October 2011, to the Better Regulation Office (details are provided in the issues paper).

A final report and recommendations are expected to be presented to the NSW Government by the end of 2011
    ^ Its now 2012 so whats happened!

The above link is from the RTA regarding a review to remove the need to display a label.

Came across this by accident (Tho sure had heard about it somewhere) whilst trying to find out whether the roll type holder used by many bikers is actually ilegal.

Bongo mentioned he was pulled over and informed that only the rectangle holder can be used. But I cant find anything that states this?

Does anyone know where I can find this info, or even if any label is now needed ?

Those tube ones have been made illegal in Qld
    They have talked about getting rid of the labels altogether
    Good idea i think they are not needed
    Now hideing in the fitness protection program

BOOF (Ian)

What goes round comes round

from the RTA

Labels

Registration labels

You will be provided with a new registration label each time you establish or renew your vehicle registration.

The label should be stuck on the inside of the lower-left portion of the front windscreen or on a fixed glass panel on the left-hand side of your vehicle.

For caravans and other trailers with a rear facing window, the label may be stuck on the inside of that window in a position as close as possible to the number plate. Hinged windows displaying a rego label must be closed while the vehicle is being towed.

For all other vehicles, the label should be affixed on or adjacent to the vehicle's rear number plate without obscuring the vehicle's number plate characters.

Suitable label holders may be purchased from most automotive retail suppliers. Please note that the holder should not obscure the label in any way.

i will keep looking
    Journey in Life, is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!'
    "look out for corners" :oops: :)

Bongo (Terry)

I remember road rider did an artical on it some time ago

Sorry about the size , Hold the control button hit the + button to enlarge it helps a little.

[/img]
    Journey in Life, is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting '..holy sh*t ....what a ride!'
    "look out for corners" :oops: :)

Bongo (Terry)

As of July 2011 they did away with registration labels in SA, the police can get all the info they need within seconds via computer.
    Cheers,

Santa.

Quote Originally Posted by Santalum
    As of July 2011 they did away with registration labels in SA, the police can get all the info they need within seconds via computer.
    i think this is the way to go, as they can already see that info onboard pc,

i was without a sticker for 12 months, and was pulled over, nothing said about no label

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygreeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Santalum
    i think this is the way to go, as they can already see that info onboard pc,

i was without a sticker for 12 months, and was pulled over, nothing said about no label
    Certainly seems logical to me, but then I guess the words logic and government should never be used in the same sentence. :roll:
    Cheers,

Santa.

Shit. My label is 2 years old. Keep forgetting to put the new one in there :roll:
    "Roll me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"

www.rivermusic.com.au