2010 Triumph Tiger 1050
    2000 Kawasaki ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Who's gonna keep his bike if you got to pay 2 grand on CTP honestly

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/news/201...g-in-nsw-37021

i dont think this will ever happen,

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygreeky View Post
    i dont think this will ever happen,
    I tend to agree Cheeky, you mob have a liberal govt and they are very conscious of business, so all you have to do is get the motorcycle industry to kick up a stink. How big the industry is, how much it will loose, how many people will loose jobs etc etc.
    Be Safe 'n Well

Scuzz

"Tom Tom" .. 07 America, staintune pipes K&N shit etc etc. "Plain Jane" -aka - Jane .. 13 Road King pretty stock. (now with added Thunder :) { Screamin eagle slash cuts}

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzi View Post
    I tend to agree Cheeky, you mob have a liberal govt and they are very conscious of business, so all you have to do is get the motorcycle industry to kick up a stink. How big the industry is, how much it will loose, how many people will loose jobs etc etc.

and there you go , need i say more. thank you for that

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygreeky View Post
    and there you go , need i say more. thank you for that
    Your welcome :)

If the MCC contacts the NRMA and MTANSW we could probably find out a bit more about what is going on behind the scenes.
    Be Safe 'n Well

Scuzz

"Tom Tom" .. 07 America, staintune pipes K&N shit etc etc. "Plain Jane" -aka - Jane .. 13 Road King pretty stock. (now with added Thunder :) { Screamin eagle slash cuts}

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzi View Post
    Your welcome :)

If the MCC contacts the NRMA and MTANSW we could probably find out a bit more about what is going on behind the scenes.
    The NRMA is staying fairly hush on this I believe. The latest I have heard is that the MAA only just published the report in the last two days that they have been telling everyone to refer to for weeks. It's not so much a question of will it happen but limiting the damage when it does happen. They already tried to put it through parliament without anyone reviewing it publicly and it was stopped by a number of people making noise. If they had not made noise it very well may have been through already.

If you are old enough to remember, Greenslips used to cost a reasonable amount of money in NSW and the costs were shared evenly amongst road users and paid for at the RTA. Then the government privatised the scheme to help prop up ailing insurers during bad times. Slowly the greenslip prices have gone up over the years. An opportunity was also seen to charge 'vulnerable' road users more as well i.e. motorcycles, scooters etc. And then to charge bigger motorcycles even more. It doesn't seem right does it?

The insurers have also been making up to 21% profit when they were supposed to make 7%. Some of that has been addressed but only after they increased the cost by 10% last year. When they talked about introducing Lifetime Care and Support it was muted as costing only $20 per greenslip. Have you looked at what it costs on your greenslip for LTCS/MCIS levies??? If not then go and have another look. It isn't $20 I can assure you. There is also a substantial and when I say substantial I mean 1 billion dollars sitting in the bank from the LTCS alone and only 35 million paid out each year to recipients. That doesn't sound right does it? Go and read the annual reports of the LTCS body and find the numbers yourself if you don't believe it.

Please don't imagine that anything WON'T EVER HAPPEN. It already has a number of times in the past of CTP. You said it yourself, they are very concious of business. Applying some very simple logic, no one wins out of this except the insurers. Insurers are in business. People smoke and the tax on cigarettes is huge, but they still smoke. People are still gonna ride motorcycles, some might not be able to afford it though.

The MCC have already been in discussion on CTP for years and years with the relavent bodies and the details of this change have been kept private despite asking for it. Something isn't right when that happens. Have a read of the information on the MCC of NSW website. Have a think about the changes made to workers compensation where payments were reduced and capped and cut back. It appears they made the workers compensation changes retrospective as well, when they said they wouldn't. Now what is to say they won't make CTP claims that have already been assessed retrospective and apply the new limits to them? I don't think you can say categorically that they won't.

Good news is that people are hearing the message and taking notice. Keep making noise.

CTP details from the MCC ---- http://www.mccofnsw.org.au/a/203.html
    "The Catbus" - Honda CB500X!

I'm on a highway to hell and I'm going dowwwwwwwwwwwwn all the way down!

~smiles~ well you will all have to shift down to mexico hey? TAC is still state run though they have had a few goes at cutting it up and failed. It's still the best system in the world I reckon. (not sayin that just cos they pay all my medical bills for the rest of my life and associated costs like bike/car mods, house mods as well as a big leglotto payout in cash).

I have talked to some yanks that have had similar bingles and the amount of compensation they got was just enough to buy their first tin leg - and they have no medicare system backup.

We have it pretty good here in aus, even if some states are droppin the ball a little, by international standards we are setting the bar.

Personally I am yet to see any real benefit come to any community from any form of privatisation.

Just IMHO.
    Be Safe 'n Well

Scuzz

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226664704136

EMBATTLED Finance Minister Greg Pearce introduced green slip reforms, expected to make insurance companies tens of millions of dollars, after meetings with the industry set up by controversial Liberal lobbyist Michael Photios' firm, a trail of emails reveals.

Mr Pearce also received hospitality from Suncorp - which publicly praised the reforms and is a client of Mr Photios - at the last Melbourne Cup.
    Insurance companies are also set to benefit from Mr Pearce approving a 10 per cent green slip hike in January, just before pledging to cut green slip prices via his reforms.
    It flies in the face of Premier Barry O'Farrell's claims that anyone who employs lobbyists to lobby his government are "wasting their money".
    It comes as Mr Pearce enjoyed his first weekend of a month-long stress leave, sharing dumplings with his wife and friends at World Square.
    Angry Coalition MPs yesterday questioned why Mr Pearce was given paid stress leave after it was found he misused travel entitlements for a function Mr Photios had organised in Canberra a fortnight ago

"It's a bit rich to send the Finance Minister on leave on budget week," one MP said.
    The emails obtained under freedom of information reveal Mr Photios's firm PremierState organised meetings between the minister's office and insurance giant Allianz, so Allianz could put forward proposals to restructure green slips, in December 2011 and May last year. Subsequent reforms - which cut accident victims' entitlements - will be voted on in the upper house this week.
    One of those meetings between Allianz, PremierState and the minister's office featured Mr Photios's business partner David Begg, who is married to Mr Pearce's deputy chief of staff Natalie Ward.
    An email from PremierState managing director of public policy Natalie Christiansen to Pearce staff member Kellie Blake, dated April 2012, says: "I write to request a meeting between our client, Allianz, and (Mr Pearce's chief of staff) Ms Joanne McCafferty and (policy adviser) Mr Stephen Marriott ... to discuss recommendations around reform under the CTP scheme."
    A series of emails followed, with Ms Blake saying "Joanne and Stephen would be happy to meet with Allianz representatives" but advising that the minister would be out of town, before a May 15 meeting was settled upon.

The December 2011 meeting with PremierState and Allianz occurred a month after Mr Pearce knocked back insurance companies' requests to increase green slip prices.

"My company has assisted Suncorp, Allianz, Employers Mutual and the Australian Rehabilitation Providers' Association with their relations with government ... primarily with Mr Pearce's office," Mr Photios yesterday said.

Asked if his firm had helped get the insurance industry a great deal from Mr Pearce, Mr Photios said: "We represent our clients to the best of our ability."

Under the controversial green slip reforms, children who are involved in car accidents will only be covered for five years of medical expenses and not for life.

The government claims its reforms will cut the cost of green slips by 15 per cent.

Mr Pearce's spokesman yesterday confirmed Suncorp had hosted the minister at the Melbourne Cup, saying: "Members of parliament are routinely invited to numerous events on a regular basis."

Administrator Site Admin

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND ! Sydney<>>>>>>>AKA MUSIC
    Quote Originally Posted by rightsforriders View Post
    I'd say I'll be selling my bike if the predictions are accurate, and the bike will be worth less than it should be.

The new system will be a "no fault" system where you will actually be charged a premium for your risk of getting hurt, not your risk of causing an accident.

On top of that the level of cover will be reduced.

Insurance companies will be able to add the cost of their legal representation to premiums but we will not be able to claim our legal fees trying to prove we need the compensation.

The government has not released sufficient information on this legislation, and the minister in charge of this department has now been suspended for alleged travel rorts, after allegedly being given a couple of days off for being drunk in parliament.

Surely this can't be the person responsible for implementing changes to road safety and insurance.

Thanks for your support Matador1, it will be great to have you there on the day.

rights4riders.jpg

Please indicate whether attending, ask questions or find more details here > http://forums.ratscafe.org/showthrea...7732#post37732

CLICK HERE

TO GET NOTIFICATION EMAILS. YOU NEED TO POST ON SUBJECT

http://www.ratscafe.org
    & http://www.musicswapshoppe.com/triumph_bonneville.html