Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

TECSHOX Good,Bad Ugly? TEC BIKE PARTS

just found these guys who have based themselves in brisbane. Anyone had any dealings with them?

http://www.tecbikepartsaustralia.com.au/

I just sent a message asking if they work with gaters
    I will let you know

Doesn't look to bad does it?

Hmm...
    "Roll me in honey and throw me to the lesbians"

www.rivermusic.com.au

Impressive Supplier Tec Bike Parts

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=320806815096

Classic 60s Classic Period look shrouded shocks with triple rate springs for better handling. Fits Triumph Hinkley bonneville and T100 models. 330mm between centres with 14mm id mountings, 5 way preload adjustment

No doubt everyone's seen the post re these shocks, well mine arrived and upon first looks I was suitably impressed, good solid black and good chroming - but looks aside how would they fit.

In short it took me a lazy ten minutes all up and that included jacking the swingarm up (and back down again) a teeny bit because they are 5mm shorter although having a centre stand helped, the bushes were a good solid fit as are the rubbers. I noticed no difference with the lower ride height and it felt pretty much the same on the road as the stockers, BUT as those that know my bike also know it has been fully maintained from day one and being the third owner I can't say if my stock shocks had been replaced at any stage. I can't comment on rough roads as there are none around here apart from potholes and I try to avoid them but if I come across a rutted road I'll add to this post.

Are they worth the 97 (give or take a few cents) bux? I'd say yes, especially if you are after a particular look, but if you just need to replace your stockers because they're knackered and don't mind the Japanese look then go for something else - the seller (Keith) also does a Girling style so you are pretty well covered.

Out of ten I give them the following:
    Appearance: 10 (I'm biased toward the classic look)
    Ease Of Fitting: 9.5
    Road Feel: 10 (based on smooth road use only)

Cheers
    Carl

http://www.tattooedtimber.com
    Note: all posts, comments, information both textual and or graphical supplied by me to forums.ratscafe.org is Copyright to me and may be removed at any time.

I think i will order a set on Wednesday
    You have to shorten those indicators mate

Now hideing in the fitness protection program

BOOF (Ian)

What goes round comes round

Quote Originally Posted by Boof
    Her who must be obeyed went ape shit when I got these, the thought of replacing the indicators with shorter ones is just too scary. I had to explain the concept of style and appearance over modern and 'orrible and after I did she still fumped me so it's all good :shock:

I think Churchy can tell you what she can rant like - I'm pretty sure he heard her when he suggested shortening my rear guard :lol:
    Cheers
    Carl

Note: all posts, comments, information both textual and or graphical supplied by me to forums.ratscafe.org is Copyright to me and may be removed at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlb1058
    Her who must be obeyed went ape shit when I got these, the thought of replacing the indicators with shorter ones is just too scary. I had to explain the concept of style and appearance over modern and 'orrible and after I did she still fumped me so it's all good :shock:

I think Churchy can tell you what she can rant like - I'm pretty sure he heard her when he suggested shortening my rear guard :lol:

i was there when he suggested that........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mate you don't replace them you just shorten the ones you got :roll:
    And put on clear lenses
    Now hideing in the fitness protection program

BOOF (Ian)

What goes round comes round

Quote Originally Posted by cheekygreeky

i was there when he suggested that........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    That goes to show what my memories like, I thought you'd left but Churchy buggered off to get that link or was that after too? :?
    Cheers
    Carl

Mate you don't replace them you just shorten the ones you got :roll:
    And put on clear lenses
    I'll keep an eye out for genuine stockers and shorten them, then put my ones away. Yeh yeh I know money out the winda but atleast I'd still have the originals
    Cheers
    Carl