Bikes and buds- kandos

Spent last Saturday night in Kandos (Ulysses ride).

We rode from Dubbo to Merriwa to Sandy Hollow and traversed the Bylong Valley Way to Kandos.

If you haven't done the run through the Bylong Valley, you should put it on your list, sooner rather than later.
    (Before the coal and CSG miners stuff it up).

On Sunday morning we had brekky and checked out Bikes and Buds.

www.bikesandbuds.com

The business operates as a café, florist, biker stuff, gift shop and Harley Davidson museum.

I know Harley's aren't everyone's cup of tea but this place has a collection of them dating from 1911 to 1970 and I found it an interesting place.

The bikes are mostly in original condition or in the process of restoration.

Ken and his wife run a friendly place with a good vibe.

There's a small entry fee ($6) to access the museum, though he cut it to $5 for our group. This included a guided tour and a chat about the history of each bike and it's place in the Harley family tree. There's about 20 bikes on display.

If you enjoy looking at and chatting about old bikes with a bloke you really knows his stuff, give this establishment a gander.

The food was good, the coffee tasted fine and the Kandos Hotel Motel does rooms and food to an acceptable standard if you want to stay the night in Kandos.

If you're looking for a destination within easy reach of the big smoke for a weekend, I recommend you check this one out.
    In beer there is truth. In wine there is wisdom. In water there is bacteria.

Rob,
    Great report.
    Reads as a good ride was had by all. [no mention of rain ]

The run from Lithgow to Ilford to Kandos to Rylstone Lue to Mudgee is a good one.

Thanks for that.

I've just joined Useless [ spellchecker missed that one ].
    Joined for the specials they offer, sometimes cheaper insurances and tips of places to go.

Have not done anything with the membership yet.
    Cheersh,
    Davros (Dave)
    2014 Indian Chief Classic - "Bertha"

Ken I understand is also a very good Vintage Harley Mechanic. For anyone looking for someone to fix some old HD iron problem.
    Ridden past turnoff many times but never actually visited yet

>>> http://forums.ratscafe.org/showthrea...hlight=museums

Yes Churchy.

My impression was that he certainly knows his stuff.
    He kept the technical stuff to the basics with us, but I reckon if you wanted to you could spend hours picking his brains.

He spoke of sourcing original parts from all over the world. Failing that, he makes them.

He must have a good network. Some of the bikes were on his radar for ages before he got them.

Davros- We were lucky with the weather. Isolated storms left wet roads in their wake in places. We only had rain at Dunedoo during a stop. We put our wet gear on and rode 20km in rain before the sun was our friend for the rest of the weekend.
    In beer there is truth. In wine there is wisdom. In water there is bacteria.

I clicked on this thinking it was my biography from 18-30 or so.........
    2015 Victory Cross Country LE
    www.walchamotel.com.au

put yr glasses on Andy
    Does not say Dykes and Duds :-)